Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Case of the Missing Pants

It is never dull at our house, and I literally mean never.   

I never know what will be next with three dogs, one cat, 10 year old twin girls and one teenage son.  

If you know me very well, you know that I have a very sarcastic sense of humor and to my children I am sure that sometimes this is frustrating.   

My teenage son, Logan, is in full force summer mode.   He sleeps a lot, stays up late, and hangs out with friends almost every day.   

One day, this past week, he was taking a shower about, hmmm, I believe it was 8:00 pm.   When he came out of the bathroom in his boxers, he asked me "Mom, where are some of my pants?"   Well, I guess Mom is in summer mode too because I had no clue where his clean pants were.  Why would he need pants, it's summer, isn't he living in his PJ's?  So, I told him "I have no idea where your pants are, I haven't worn them".  This is my response most of the time to "where is this, or where is that".  Then I told him "Just go naked".     The girls and I found this extremely entertaining and just laughed and laughed.   :)  

Well, he didn't appreciate this response and just sighed at me, sat down at the computer and didn't say a word.  About 15 minutes passed, and out of the blue, Logan says "Mom are you serious about my pants?"    At this point the girls and I broke out into full laughter.   It was hilarious.    Then Logan says "It really isn't funny, I wanted to go hang out with friends and I need pants".     We then laughed so hard that we cried!    

Now, I am not sure why Logan's misfortune was so funny to the females in the house, but it was the funniest thing!   Poor Logan, he has to deal with three girls, he really does put up with a lot!   He deals with it very well.   :) 

But just to ease your mind, I found his pants and he went to hang out with friends.    :)  

Sometimes my kids make me want to pull my hair out and I am sure sometimes I make them want to pull theirs out too.   But we all love each other so much.   They are hilarious and make me smile every day.  What a blessing!  

Psalms 127:3  Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment