Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A New Day.....

A lot has changed since I blogged last time...... to say the least.  

My world was turned completely upside down, shuffled up and then put back down.  

Divorce is horrible, ugly thing.  It not only effects the two people getting divorced, but also kids, grandparents, friends..... the list goes on and on.   My divorce was final in March and from about July to March it was a whirlwind of emotions.    There were sad times, mad times, crazy times and confused times.   When you are married to someone for 17 years and they are all you know, it is almost impossible to imagine your life without them.   But sometimes..... there just isn't any way to fix a situation.  The only thing you can do is move on and pick up the pieces.  

I have learned so much since this time last year.    I have learned that my family is there for me through everything.  They always have been there and always will be.    I am so extremely blessed.  I have learned who my true friends are and who aren't.  I am also blessed with several true best friends.    I have learned how to stay strong in a bad situation and hold it together when you really really don't want to.  I have learned that my kids are stronger than I am and they love me so much.  They support me every day and make me smile even when it is hard to.   They are the most awesome people on the planet!

When I thought that all was lost these are the things that got me through.   My kids, my family, my true friends, and most importantly my faith.   Throughout this whole thing, my faith has grown by huge leaps and bounds.   I came to realize that no matter what was going on in my life, God has blessed me and continues to bless me every day.  I have three wonderful kids, a huge supportive family, great friends, a great job, health..... the list goes on and on.  How can I complain that things didn't go exactly the way I planned?  I am not the one in charge, God is!   He has a plan for me that is far better than anything that I could come up with for sure!  

So I have decided to pay attention to the important things.    The "small" things in life that are really the BIG things.  The joy I get when singing very LOUDLY to music with my girls in the car, taking Logan to a movie, laughing, acting completely goofy and joking with my kids, seeing a beautiful sky that God has created for us, enjoying time with my parents, laughing so hard with my friends until my stomach hurts.....  again, I could go on and on with examples like these.   I also realized I needed to thank God every day for all of the blessings he has given me because I am blessed beyond measure!

So yes, my life was flipped and shaken up, but maybe, just maybe it was flipped the RIGHT way.  God has great things in store for me.  :)  

A friend of mine sent me this scripture, it is great and I need to read this every day!  

"She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come."  Proverbs 31:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment