Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I Found a Button!!!

I am not sure what it is about kids and their infatuation with shoving things up their nose at some point and time in their lives.   But all kids usually do this.   My kids are no exception to this, they have had their turn of embarrassment with this issue.  

Logan found a screw from a computer and shoved it up his nose.  Fortunately, we were able to use some tweezers to pull that out and all was well.  

Caylea, on the other hand, was not that lucky, her experience was a little more traumatic.  

Caylea was about 4 years old and just cute as a....... button.  HA HA HA  :)
We were all at home just relaxing in the living room watching TV.  I heard Caylea blowing her nose in the other room.   Nothing wrong with that, right?   Then she continued to blow her nose... and continued... and continued.   I asked "Caylea, what are you doing?", she says "Nothing!" as she ran from my room into the front bathroom.   I said "Caylea, come here, what are you doing?"   She came out of the bathroom and there was blood running down from her nose and she was completely freaking out and then I freaked out as well!  We ran to her and asked her what happened.  After some time she admitted to shoving a button up her nose.  

These are the events leading to the incident as far as I can piece together.   She was walking along and saw a button on the couch (it had come off a pair of pants).  She saw said button and thought to herself "Hey it would be cool to stick this in my nose and make myself look like a hippo" (literally she admitted to this, you know hippos have big nostrils).  So she got the button in her nose and I am assuming was very pleased with her hippo looking nostril.  But then it was not so fun because the button was stuck......  very stuck.   So the only thing the 4 year old knew to do was to try and dig it out.    She succeeded to shove the button very far into her nose and this made it bleed and caused lots of PANIC!   By the time we found out, it was so far up in her nose, we couldn't reach it at all.  

We all loaded up in the car and headed to the ER and wondered how we would explain this to the doctor.   I am sure the doctor got a giggle out of our situation.  He kindly got some very large tweezers and got the button out in no time.   Thank goodness!  

Having twins has its advantages!  Brianna saw this traumatic event and she NEVER shoved anything up her nose!




No comments:

Post a Comment